Now that you have your Knack Pack, how can you maximize the use of its pockets and compartments? Read these top tips on how to take advantage of Knack's versatile design.
Estimated reading time: 5 minutes
Knack Blog Subscribers: 21,079
In a previous post, we shared tips for packing an organized Knack Pack. In this post, we’ve gone a step further and shared what each team member puts in each compartment or pocket.
How to Pack the Front Pocket of Your Knack Pack
Knack's Series 1 and Series 2 expandable backpacks are equipped with numerous organizational pockets, including a front compartment designed for convenient access to your frequently used items. Each contains a passport/wallet pocket, pen loops, business card pockets, removable interior key leash, and an RFID-blocking lining to prevent malicious chip skimming.
The front triangle pocket of the Series 1 Knack Pack is our most unique-looking pocket, while the Series 2 Knack Pack offers a sleek, minimal design with lockable zippers.
Here’s what we put in the front pocket:
- “I keep my car keys, wallet and phone in this pocket.” -Zeke
- "I call this pocket my ‘catch-all pocket.’ I have eye drops, aspirin, loose change, hand sanitizer (yes, I’m a germaphobe), Carmex, glasses cleaner, pen, and some allergy medicine.” -Keith
- “Pens, business cards, receipts, car keys, change. This is really my 'dump' pocket.” -Chad
Packing the Sunglasses Pocket
Located at the top of the Series 1 Knack Pack and inside the front pocket of the Series 2 Knack Pack, the sunglass pocket uses fleece lining to keep your items from getting scratched. Here’s how we pack it:
- “I used to lose my phone all of the time when I traveled, but this pocket has been a game changer! I put my phone, sunglasses and lipstick in this pocket.” -Brianne
- “I always have my wallet, keys or sometimes headphones in this pocket. This is my favorite pocket for daily use and travel.” -Keith
- “My Canon M50 camera with the 22mm lens, which fits perfectly and produces professional results.” -Zeke
What to Pack in the Main Compartment?
The main compartment of both the Series 1 and Series 2 Knack Pack is equipped with two zip pockets, which are ideal for storing smaller items. The mesh material used for these pockets enables you to easily view everything you've stored inside. Additionally, there is a fleece-lined pocket designed to provide protection to your tablet or laptop.
Here’s how we keep it organized:
- “Living in the northeast, I have a lot of winter gear. I pack my umbrella, gloves, hat, and some granola bars in this pocket. Each interior mesh pocket has its “job” one for wallet, lip balm, Kleenex, another pocket for receipts, keys, parking garage tickets, etc.I can see what I have easily. ” -Rachel
- “In the mesh pockets I have some extender cords, band-aids, and thumb drives. In the main compartment, I typically pack a lightweight jacket or sweater.”
- “I bring my camera just about everywhere with me, so this is where I stash all of my gear. I keep the camera bag in the main compartment, and I put memory cards, cords, etc in one of the mesh pockets. The other mesh pocket has various toiletry items.” -Brianne
How Much Can You Fit in the Expandable Luggage Compartment?
All Knack Packs are designed to easily transition from work to travel to an everyday carry backpack. The expandable luggage compartment can be unzipped and expanded when you need it, and compressed when you don’t!
We have created a convenient comparison chart to show the varying capacity of clothing that each Knack Pack size can accommodate.
Here’s how much Knack team members can fit in their Knack Pack:
- “I travel a lot with my Large Series 1 Knack Backpack. I can fit about 5 outfits in it.” -Zeke
- “I have packed 3 outfits in my Medium Knack Pack. I pack a pair of flats and wear my running shoes to save space. For 3-4 day trips I usually end up packing my dopp kit in the main compartment with my curling iron.” -Rachel
- “I can typically fit 2-3 outfits in my Medium Sized, Series 2 Knack Backpack. If I pack shoes, I get about two outfits, if I don’t pack shoes, I can fit three.” -Keith
- “I travel with my Medium Sized Knack Leather Backpack as my primary travel bag all the time. The most I fit in the back was three complete changes of summer clothes.” -Chad
Where Do You Pack Your Headphones?
Losing and forgetting headphones is such a pain! Having a specific spot to put them is key to keeping track of them. Here’s where we pack ours:
- “I have the Bose noise-canceling Bluetooth headphones, which I keep in the mesh pocket in the main compartment.” -Zeke
- “ I’m old school and have the standard Apple headphones with wires. I’ll typically pack them on the inside mesh compartment for easy access. Sometimes I’ll use the top pocket of my Series 1 Medium Knack.” -Keith
- “I have in-ear cordless noise-canceling headphones that I keep in a pouch in the front bottom pocket of the Series 1 Medium Knack. They never leave that pocket.” -Chad
- “I use my headphones a LOT, so I keep my Airpods in the top pocket with my sunglasses for easy access.” -Brianne
Packing Your Knack PackThere’s no “right way” to pack your Knack Pack Backpack, and we hope that this post has given you a few ideas on how to live a better #OneBagLife. Be sure to join us on Instagram for more packing tips and Knackpacker photos!
Learn More About Knack
Laptop & Travel Backpack In One Bag