HELP CHANGE THE WAY PEOPLE CARRY THEIR LIFE
We created Knack to make it easier for multi-tasking, mobile professionals to get from Point A to Point B without lugging a bunch of bags - in other words, #OneBagLife. Our multi-purpose products combine the best features of stylish, daily-use computer backpacks with a patent-pending hidden compartment that you can easily access, expand and pack like a suitcase whenever you need extra space for travel, the gym or anywhere your life takes you. We sell our products exclusively through knackbags.com.
While the Knack team calls on years of personal experience working with brands like Tumi, North Face, Coach, Samsonite, and eBags, we think our company is unique and different. Each Knack team member is trusted with autonomy and getting the work done without micromanagement. We enjoy hanging out with each other, but we also keep meetings to a minimum. We are always looking for talented people to join our rapidly-expanding company.
At Knack, we have a thirst for change, love creative thinking, expect data-driven decisions, and believe in remote-work and flexible work hours. Knack is a fully remote company with headquarters located in Providence, RI and Portland, OR.
FULL-STACK SHOPIFY DEVELOPER
We are looking for a seasoned Full-Stack Shopify Developer to be responsible for managing our responsive ecommerce storefront. You will own the code, manage our current storefront, understand SEO best practices, build and deploy new and cutting-edge features for our direct-to-consumer responsive ecommerce website. You will be responsible for improving conversions, page load speeds to enhance the customer experience. In this role, you will be highly metrics driven with a thirst to improve the customer journey on a daily basis. You will also monitor and set up alerts if we fall below agreed upon metrics. You must be prepared to roll-up your sleeves and get the job done: Knack is comprised of make-it-happen personalities. This position will start as a full-time contractor position and could lead to full-time employment, with equity participation, in the second half of the year.
Knack is a fully remote company with teams located in Providence, RI and Portland, OR. The Ecommerce Developer is a fully remote position, and while we would prefer someone located in, or near, the Providence or Portland areas, we will entertain candidates from other areas.
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Responsible for maintaining, expanding, and scaling our responsive storefront
- UI/UX development for a responsive website always thinking mobile first in your design and code
- Continuously look for ways to improve conversion rates and implement A/B tests
- Configure, design, and develop solutions including key integrations to 3rd party solutions
- Write well designed, testable, efficient code by using best software development practices
- Improve UI/UX interface by using standard HTML/CSS practices
- Integrate data from various back-end services and databases
- Monitor and track system processing and performance indicators to ensure business requirements are being met
- Set up alerts if we fall below agreed upon site metrics
- Participate and/or lead project teams to deliver new functionality
- Maintain state of the art understanding of website and mobile platform capabilities
- Work closely with Shopify and other 3rd party solutions providers to enhance our business capabilities
- 1-3+ years’ experience with Shopify ecommerce platforms.
- BS in computer science or a related field
- Prior demonstrable experience in using Shopify to build e-commerce sites
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in web design and development
- Experience in building Shopify themes and custom sections with non-standard functionality
- Deep understanding of cross-browser issues and code solutions
- Strong knowledge in JS frameworks like React, Node, Vue, etc
- Deep understanding of Google Analytics
- A solid understanding of how web applications work including security, session management, and best development practices
- Adequate knowledge of relational database systems, Object Oriented Programming and web application development
- Hands-on experience with network diagnostics, network analytics tools
- Basic knowledge of Search Engine Optimization process
- Aggressive problem diagnosis and creative problem solving skills
- Strong organizational skills to juggle multiple tasks within the constraints of timelines and budgets with business acumen
- Ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced environment, learn rapidly and master diverse web technologies and techniques.
- Graphic design skills
- Retail e-commerce background or understanding
- Passion for bags (backpacks, handbags, travel bags, sport bags, etc)
To apply for the Full-Stack Shopify Developer position, please submit your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org